Friday, June 5, 2009

Devastation and Destruction


During the war, (not sure when they were first used) they dropped depth charges, to sink down to a prescribed depth to either hit directly or as close as possible the enemy ship, submarines to put them out of commission, forcing them to come to the surface where it would be far easier to engage the enemy.

I remember reading once how Jesus in his daily communicating with the twelve disciples would do something very much like what I have described here with the use of depth charges.
He knew that the disciples ability to grasp the spirit behind the words he spoke were at that time hidden from their understanding, but he also knew and relied upon the spirit of truth to bring what he had said to a head in their lives, when the timing was perfect, the right circumstances and situations lined up, much like the depth charge making contact with them and exploding from within their understanding.

If life is found not in a daily ration or an abundance of bread, then it (according to Jesus) must be found in every word that is communicated to me from the mouth of God my Father.
He is the one who said, “I will bring to your remembrance every thing I have said to you”. Isn’t it refreshing to know that I will never forget what He knows I need to be reminded of?

His word/s spoken by the Living Word that he is, is much like time release capsules one would take for a cold or the flu, a capsule of measured medication to be released within a 12 or 24 hour time period. Only in the case of our lives and the reality of what are really true verses what we have believed to be true, this time released action of the word and the spirit lining up in our lives might happen long after that word is spoken.
All I know is, it seems that there must be an inner alignment coming together because I seem to be seeing, hearing with a much greater clarity these days.

I sensed Father speaking these words to me, “You are not a failure, you are not a mistake, an accident, but you are Mine!”
I’m sure I have heard this at least once or more times since He apprehended me in 1972, but like the timing of what needed to come together in my life’s circumstances and situations, I am ready to agree with the truth of those highly explosive and destructive power filled words.
Fear has been for me in so many ways much like being a spiritual quadriplegic, well that is slowly coming to its demise.
The power of His loving assurance for me that is registering from deep within, is coming into contact with that which has so deformed and kept me a cripple.

All I can say is, He that is mighty in Love is restoring to me far more than what the liar, murderer and thief has taken from me.

Rich

4 comments:

Kent said...

it's wonderful news Rich

Rich said...

Indeed it is Kent, indeed He is!

Like a Mustard Seed said...

"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty."

Rich said...

Daniel,

Thanks for such wonder filled words.
A friend and brother who stayed with me for a couple of days earlier this week sent these words to me in an email today...my strength is in quiet faith...

His love knows no boundaries!