Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Messin' With my Universe

Lyrics to, "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd









The way in which the Father is able to communicate with us is utterly astounding, and for me it is often done through my passion of watching movies.
The other day I watched again the movie, Pleasantville, wow talk about having my eyes opened. I am utterly fascinated with movies such as The Matrix, The Wizard of Oz, The Island, Pleasantville, Field of Dreams, The Truman Show etc., movies depicting so clearly the lies that are readily imbibed just like the 'kool-aid' swallowed by the Jim Jones followers.

From the scriptures where it talks about us having been translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom (family) of God I see this reality and its rippling effects in continuing to shake up my universe.
The two clips I have included from the movie Pleasantville, graphically illustrate by pulling back the curtain and beginning to see what really is real!

The words from Pink Floyd are priceless in being choreographed with the one clip.

What spoke volumes to me in watching Pleasantville again was how the unconditional love of God the Father is able to direct and fulfill our lives without the aid of any external supplements.
Sin has so dumbed us all down into a position of deferring what we perceive the truth to be, because of what somebody else has said it to BE.
The love of the Father is intended to rescue us from being constantly tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, and that is usually done through those setting themselves up as the mouth piece of God for our lives, why, so they can control us.
Please don't call merely existing for LIFE. Knowing Him is a celebration of Life in its fullness!

Rich

No comments: