Saturday, February 2, 2008

Awake My Beloved




I am my Beloved's and He is mine, as deep calls unto the deep, so does the wonder of your dangerous grace, your reckless abandoned love for me awaken such passion for you!

This is something I read this morning that thrills my soul, thank you Father, that through death to the Law, I have been raised up in Christ, now free to BE married to another.

Rich


When the very nature and will of the self have died, when the soul, in its experience of death, falls into the embrace of God. . . when the inward parts of that believer are truly united to the Lord. . . with nothing between, then, the soul is united to the Lord. Oddly, the believer himself does not recognize this. Consequently, he cannot enjoy the fruits of this union, not until God brings this new life into being and the believer begins to realize that the Lord has become the soul's vitalizing source.

A young bride who has fainted into the embrace of her husband is closely united with him, but she does not enjoy the blessedness of her union with him because she is unconscious. Nonetheless, her husband holds her in his arms while she is in a state of fainting that has come from excess love. He recalls her to life again, tenderly by his caresses, and as she comes to consciousness she knows that she possesses him whom her soul loves and that she is possessed by him. So, too, is it with the believer.

(taken from Union with God by Jeanne Guyon)

5 comments:

Kent said...

This reminded me of this song

"Arise, My Love" Michael Card

Arise, my love, my lovely one come,
Winter is past and the rains are gone.
The flowers appear, it's the season of song,
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.

Who is it that appears like the dawn?
As fair as the moon, as bright as the sun?
Show me your face, let me hear your voice.
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.

Set me like a seal on your heart,
For love is unyielding as the grave.
The flash of it is a jealous fire,
No flood can quench,
For love is as strong as death.

Arise my love and come with me
Before the dawn breaks and the shadows flee.
You ravished my heart with just one glance
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.

Do not arose or awaken love
Until it so desires.

Arise, my love, my lovely one come,
The Winter is past and the rains are gone.
The flowers appear, it's season of song,
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.
I am my love's, my beloved is mine.
Arise and come with me.

Rich said...

This reminds me of a book I read long ago, His Stubborn Love.
The wooing of His heart for His treasure, us, so overwhelms me Bro, and these words leave me shipwrecked, I pray I NEVER recover. :)

Rich

Unknown said...

rich: i think the image you included in your post is two women. i am not sure if that is what you intended?

blessings,
rob

Rich said...

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the detailed eye, it may very well be, not sure.
All I know is how and what I saw, in seeing this picture, evoked such wonder within me of the Lover of my soul!

On another note, I want to brag on our Father and the glorious work of grace He IS working on within you, how I see such growing confidence in His loving ability to lead, guide and direct you into that which He has choosen for you, His grace is so Amazing, it takes my breath away.

Unto Him who is able to complete that which was perfectly accomplished in us when we were apprehended.

Rich

Unknown said...

thanks for the encouraging words rich. i appreciate you.

blessings,
rob