Thursday, May 21, 2009

Don’t Tell Anybody Until…


“Coming down the mountain, Jesus swore them to secrecy.”Don't tell a soul what you saw. After the Son of Man rises from the dead, you're free to talk." They puzzled over that, wondering what on earth "rising from the dead" meant.”

Without Christ being fully formed in us, not just having been raised from the dead within our spirit, but having His very life formed within us as us there is at best a form of godliness but definitely no power.
There is so much witnessing to the truth, but so little of the Truth Christ in us as us evident. Jesus said, “If you’ve seen me, you’ve seen the Father” is that true of you and me?
The disciples that had witnessed the out working of the Word that had become flesh, but they were yet to discover that that same Word was going to be fleshed out in and through their very lives as well.

Even after Paul’s miraculous conversion it appears that in the face of such an incredible eye witness encounter with the resurrected Christ, he too needed that reality to be worked into the warp and woof of his life.
So much testifying of the Christ is pointing to a Jesus that is in us but not as us, which was what we were apprehended for in the first place, you know, Jesus being the first born of many sons forth coming.

I can only speak from where I’ve come, where I’m at and where I see myself going in this journey of discovering what it means to live loved is that the habitual sin ingrained fear learned habit patterns in my life have frustrated His grace.
It is only in discovering an increased depth of His love and life being deeply rooted and established in us as us that we too can say as our brother Paul did, “None of this things move me.”

The Father’s intention is not in identifying us with what the Scriptures say, but making us one with the One who spoke the scriptures, wherein lies the power.
I am learning and growing in an increased knowing the reality of my name Richard, Father has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind!

Rich

3 comments:

PaulandJanna said...

. . . and so we wait.

Rich said...

Yes we do!!! :)

Rich said...

Yes we do!!! :)