Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Would Never Do That


How many times have you either heard that said, in fact even said it your self?
If all God the Father did in perfectly opening a door for us was to escape hell only to be beamed up into Beulah Land (heaven) and not provide a way of over coming our fixed opiated addiction to me-myself and I, then it’s NOT enough!

We think that simply because we have been re-birthed that all is well in Dodge City, in our heart-ha, try again.
I want to share a quintessential story many are more than familiar with but its applications have in most cases gone unheeded in my opinion, but don’t read or hear me shoulding on anyone, ok? I won’t should on you, and please do not should on me.

Before I share my illustrated story here, this actually leads into it. Jesus is about to be arrested, tried, convicted, and crucified shortly, but before this goes down He says, “All of you shall be offended because of me this night” (ALL)!
In another place and time Jesus said to his first cousin John the Baptist, “Blessed are you if you are not offended in me.” So what’s the deal, are we to be or not to be offended?

“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers." But he said to Him, "Lord, with You I am ready to go both to prison and to death!" And He said, "I say to you, Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me."

There is so much crap that hits the fan in our lives as the result of our being out of sync from the center of the universe with our living Son, at a heart level, that we are just not (most of the time) even aware of.
It takes what it takes to bring each of us into whatever outer dungeon to address our inner dungeon, why, to work into us those much needed inner graces.

Somehow the,I would never do or say that,” seems to be rooted in a lot of arrogance-pride, don’t you think?
There is in many places a fixation with trying to get the very best translation of the Scriptures, but what about us simply being translated into living expressions of the Word!

Father save us from coming across as arrogant self-righteous holier-than-thou, pompous pricks; continue to lead us to you our true center, that we might BE those living expressions of your heart.

Rich

No comments: