Monday, November 24, 2008

Many Are Called??



I liked what the person said regarding this picture, (that I felt so complimented my heart stirrings here) This scene is very common when it is snowing in Toronto: footprints in deep snow while there is a clear pathway just few feet away! At first it seems that person made a foolish mistake that made his walk much harder, or simply wasn’t alert enough to see the clear path nearby. But this scene is way too common to assume that; it rather seems that there are some people who would rather walk in the deep snow than the seemingly clear path that almost everybody else seemed to take.

Many are called but few choose to embrace His calling!
Those whom He foreknew, he has called according to His purpose, that we might be conformed (transformed) to the image of His son.

For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

This isn’t some morbid death and suffering fixation I’m talking about here, but rather a knowing that He has called us to BE His, and His alone.
None who have been received of the Father will ever miss heaven, but that is not our goal, it is far from His ultimate intention.
In becoming fully identified with Christ, we too will learn obedience through that which we will suffer, that’s a guaranty.

I am seeing so much more clearly the necessity of embracing the ‘divine’ struggles, wrestling’s Father in His great love for me has appointed for my continued transformation.
These most needed and crucial elements although very stressful, painful, have hidden within them my name written all over them, they are divine and sacred gifts of His esteem toward and for me.
They are all part of my ‘birth-right,’ He is going to use them as I continue to not frustrate His grace to bring definitive demarcation of Who’s I am, and who I am, without embracing these blessed tools of transformation in disguise, I will forfeit great loss!!

Into every fiery and distressful encounter we are being led into there are only two prayers we can offer, “Father deliver me, save me, or, Father, not my will but yours be done, BE glorified in me in this time of distress.”

Is it Him we want, then be prepared to embrace your death each and every time He blesses you with His divinely appointed gifts of Love.

Rich

1 comment:

Free Spirit said...

"Into every fiery and distressful encounter we are being led into there are only two prayers we can offer, “Father deliver me, save me, or, Father, not my will but yours be done, BE glorified in me in this time of distress.”

Is it Him we want, then be prepared to embrace your death each and every time He blesses you with His divinely appointed gifts of Love."

YES.
And, you know what? It is still Him that I want. Period.

I'm over the shock of it now (this wrongness happening in my body). I'm simply looking to Him. I trust Him to work ALL things for my good. And I DO believe healing is mine. Until I experience it in the physical, I will walk in and embrace what He is doing in me, in the spiritual. It is far more important to me!

I press on...
because I WANT Him, and no frickin disease is gonna keep me from Him.