Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is That Nudge, God


I haven’t had the time I’ve wanted, putting up my thoughts here on my blogs, because something far more important has taken precedence, a good friend and brother has been with me since Wednesday, he has come all the way here to Ontario from Nova Scotia to try and save his marriage. He has and is seeking counseling from trusted people not far from me.
In the mean time it has been a non stop time of deep and very intimate exchanges of Papa bringing to the surface within us both such wonderful and liberating security and freedom as He continues to root and deeply establish us in and with the assurance of His 100 % grace and Love.

The following quotes are from 3 different days of Oz Chambers, I have them here only because of what has been and is being fleshed out, not only in my brother’s life but mine as well. I trust Papa will encourage and witness to your heart as you read them.
As Father permits, I hope to share more of what is difficult to describe other than what our brother Paul writes about in the Scriptures, of where the Spirit is Lord, and in that atmosphere, we are being changed from glory to glory.
I am in awe and deeply humbled being an eye witness to the miraculous power of Papa’s love doing and accomplishing the impossible.

Rich

It is a question of obedience, and instantly the relationship is perfected. Turn away for one second out of obedience, and darkness and death are at work at once.

All God's revelations are sealed until they are opened to us by obedience. You will never get them open by philosophy or thinking. Immediately you obey, a flash of light comes. Let God's truth work in you by soaking in it, not by worrying into it. The only way you can get to know is to stop trying to find out and by being born again. Obey God in the thing He shows you, and instantly the next thing is opened up. One reads tomes on the work of the Holy Spirit, when one five minutes of drastic obedience would make things as clear as a sunbeam. "I suppose I shall understand these things some day!" You can understand them now. It is not study that does it, but obedience. The tiniest fragment of obedience, and heaven opens and the profoundest truths of God are yours straight away. God will never reveal more truth about Himself until you have obeyed what you know already. Beware of becoming "wise and prudent."

The Atonement of Jesus has to work out in practical, unobtrusive ways in my life. Every time I obey, absolute Deity is on my side, so that the grace of God and natural obedience coincide. Obedience means that I have banked everything on the Atonement, and my obedience is met immediately by the delight of the supernatural grace of God.

It was said of Jesus - "He shall not fail nor be discouraged," because He never worked from His own individual standpoint but always from the standpoint of His Father, and we have to learn to do the same. Spiritual truth is learned by atmosphere, not by intellectual reasoning. God's Spirit alters the atmosphere of our way of looking at things, and things begin to be possible which never were possible before. Getting into the stride of God means nothing less than union with Himself. It takes a long time to get there, but keep at it. Don't give in because the pain is bad just now, get on with it, and before long you will find you have a new vision and a new purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich,
I am deeply moved by this post of talking about your friend from Nova Scotia who is trying to save his marriage. Your friendship with him, loving and walking alongside him through this...so many blessings to you, Rich.
I am keeping you, him, his wife in my prayers (I mean this).

P.S. What book of Oswald Chambers do these quotes come from (curious, as I'd like to add the book to my "Wish List.")

Blessings,
~Amy :)
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

Rich said...

Amy,

I so thank you for hearing and responding to Papa's voice regarding wanting to keep Ron and I and his family in prayer!

This has been a time of unparalled revelation taking hold in both our hearts. Ther is NO way ever in sharing with another part of the family, siblings that we in turn are as well being deeply refreshed of the Father, and that has been ongoing since Ron got here last Wednesday. :)

Her is a email link to Oz Chambers.. http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/my_utmost/utm.cgi as well as this site that uses Chambers stuff only has it more in tune with todays english. http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php

Papa's richest continued love and grace to you!!