Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Four Letter Word

Judgment!

In a heart beat we can become by the grace of God, his child, but it takes a life time to become a fully mature son.

We are all in transition, being processed and in that process discovering what truly is negotiable and that which isn’t.
Truths have never set us free, but if you’re talking about the truth as in Jesus Christ, well that is something that demands our attention.
It’s amazing how right we all are until Father lovingly but firmly cuts through the crud we have been looking at things through.

I remember when I was with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) many years ago how one of the guest speakers (Dean Sherman) was teaching on spiritual warfare. He said that basically the demographics were broken down into two camps, 1) those that saw demons behind every bush, cupboard, or person, 2) the other camp because of basically being freaked out buy the first group gave NO credence to anything dealing with the demonic supernatural activities of Satan.
Those of us who either then or now who still carry an unbalanced view of the spiritual realm might be inclined more as a knee jerk reaction to rise up and start their rebuking of the enemy’s activities in their lives or the lives of others around them.

Fear is a powerful opiate, dulling our senses, clouding our judgment at best, so out of this place it would be a most normal reactionary posture to take in our perceived picture of things, that Satan was trying to invade, undermine what God had done or is doing.
I have found looking back at my life and many around me convinced in their rebuking, taking authority over a perceived attack of Satan on their lives was in fact God the Father who was being rebuked, fear was continuing to keep the tail shaking the dog.

I want to share something here from the Naked Church by Wayne Jacobsen, it fits in here so perfectly.
Wayne had been attending a week long pastor’s seminar, and while there joined in on with the host congregation for their Wednesday evening service.
"It was during this time there was a slotted piece of time appointed for prayer, specifically for the nations of the world. One of the pastors shared a vision he had of dark clouds of judgment hanging ominously over America. The only thing that could push back was the fervent prayers of God’s people. What had been up until then a casual time of prayer at this moment it suddenly grew intense.
I joined in too. If there’s anything I take pains to avoid, its pain
."

"Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; Let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth."

"As I often do when reading the Psalms, I was using the psalmist’s words to express worship to God. I was flowing along with the rivers and the mountains, clapping and singing until that last phrase jarred me to a stop. I don’t know if I had ever really taken note before of what had launched creation into such ecstasy. It was God’s judgment! Why was creation worshiping so excitedly over the very thing I had been praying so hard to prevent?"

I’m going to end this here for now and pick it up later on my other blog.

Rich

No comments: